Wednesday 11 April 2018

Bursting with Excitement Omer Counting

The girls and I have created a variety of Omer charts, like the one here or here or here.
This time we have really made the very best, most fun, exciting, and educational omer chart ever! A Balloon Omer Counter!  I won't forget to count because all my children will excitedly remind me.  Every night before bed they will have a fun, bonding experience, do a mitzvah, learn something, work to improve ourselves, and giggle together. And the room looks like a celebration. Total win!!!
Each night we make the beracha together. Then one girl pops that night's balloon.
Inside the balloon are slips of paper. One paper is a meditation on that day's omer. One is a fun science fact. One is a joke. Sometimes there are stickers too.  I chose these inserts based on the girls interested. C is very into balloons and confetti balloons. G loves science facts. R loves jokes, especially if she can read them. T loves opening the unknown (like LOL dolls and Hatchimals). I wanted the omer meditation. 

If you want to use these inserts, this is the document I made.



I printed the inserts on different colored papers and cut them into strips. Then I gathered balloons, sharpies, yarn, and some helpers.










 The littles helped roll the papers and insert them into balloons. This was a numeracy experience as two papers are numbered. C blew them up and labeled each balloon in sharpie with the appropriate number. I couldn't have done it without her. I supervised and tied each balloon on with a slipknot.






Getting them upstairs and mounted was more challenging than we anticipated.








But it is done and so much fun!


Happy Omering!



No comments:

Post a Comment