Saturday 2 November 2013

Toldot Performance

Last year I was very busy for parashat Toldot. This year I was out of town for most of the week. On Thursday when I got back, I started to tell the girls the stories from this weeks parasha. They quickly interrupted and were able to tell me the stories in great detail.
"Did you already learn the parasha this week?" I asked.
"No, we don't get parasha until Fridays," Cohava explained.
"We remember from last year," Gabi clarified. 
Wow! 

We decided that instead of a project, the girls would perform a play of the parasha. The choice of props, words, and actions was entirely their own. I found it very amusing.

Part I: Introducing Yaakov and Essav

Part II: The Soup

Then the girls decided they were too hungry to perform part three, "Getting the Bracha".

Instead they wanted to eat red lentil soup.

Shabbat Shalom!



No comments:

Post a Comment