Friday 13 December 2013

Vayechi Bless You

No project for the girls this week! 

Instead I made something for them. Parasha Vayechi has, among other things, the beautiful words of 'Hamalach Hagoel Oti". The words, a prayer asking for protection of children, is a common lullaby.


הַמַּלְאָךְ הַגֹּאֵל אֹתִי
הַמַּלְאָךְ הַגֹּאֵל אֹתִי מִכָּל-רָע,
יְבָרֵךְ אֶת-הַנְּעָרִים,
וְיִקָּרֵא בָהֶם שְׁמִי,
וְשֵׁם אֲבֹתַי אַבְרָהָם וְיִצְחָק;
וְיִדְגּוּ לָרֹב, בְּקֶרֶב הָאָרֶץ

May the Angel who has delivered me from all harm
Bless these youth. 

Let them be called by my name 
And the names of my fathers, 
Abraham and Isaac, 
And may they increase greatly 
Upon the Earth.


Wall art of these words are popular, but I decided to make my own. Using photos of the girls at different ages, I made a photo collage and included the aforementioned text.

I thought the girls would be excited.
"That's not fair! I want to do a project!" yelled Gabi. 
Cohava practiced reading the words on it and they enjoyed looking at the pictures but next week they will have a physical project. 
I guess I enjoy bedtime more than they do. 


We did discuss what making a bracha on a person means, as opposed to the bracha on an action. 


One morning this week I was in a bad mood. On the ride to school Cohava said, "I have an idea. Everyone in the car is going to give someone else a compliment and a bracha." It was a great idea. It erased my mood instantly and everyone enjoyed it. 

This is the last parasha in Sefer Beresheit. Although I have been blogging my parshiot for more than a year, this is the first sefer I have finished without missing a week. I will have an extra personal excitement of this when we say chazak chazak v'nitchazek. For my next photo project, I am going to make a photo book of kosherkidz.blogspot.com Sefer Beresheit. 

May everyone's brachot be fulfilled (and your children sleep well at night!).


No comments:

Post a Comment